Every once in a while you need to treat yourself to a delicious slice of cake. You should never deny yourself something delicious else you will drive yourself crazy! Plus, giving yourself a little treat can help eating clean 90% of the time a little easier! It’s all about balance.
I have made this yummy Victoria sponge cake for many years now and the recipe has been passed down through my family for years, and I must say… It comes out perfect every time! It’s so simple and tastes absolutely divine.
Here’s what you’ll need:
8oz (225g) caster sugar
8oz (225g) butter (can also use margarine or olive spread)
8oz (225g) self raising flour
4 medium eggs
1.5tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence
A few tbsp strawberry or raspberry jam (as much as you’d like for the filling)
A little icing sugar to decorate
– Preheat the oven to 180C (fan)
– cream together the butter and sugar
– sift in the flour and baking powder
– whisk the eggs, then add to the mix
– add vanilla and combine mixture until it forms a yellow batter
– place evenly in two lined 8x8inch baking cake tins and bake for 25minutes, or until cooked through
– leave to cool
– when cool, spread some jam on one slice of cake, top the cake with the other slice to create your sandwich, sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate
– best served as soon as possible!
Don’t forget my eBook currently has 20% off until TOMORROW 😊 follow the eBook tab on my homepage. Enjoy!
Categories: Desserts and Snacks