I am off on holiday today! So I wanted to make a quick batch of healthy but yummy treats for me and my friends to enjoy at the airport, so I made these yummy Raisin Scone Cakes! These aren’t vegan as they use egg, but you can always substitute the egg for a chia or flax egg to make them vegan! 🙂
You’ll need (yield 12-14)
1 cup wholegrain spelt flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp xantham gum
8 deglet nour dates
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
200ml almond milk
2 medium eggs
1 cup oats
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup unsweetened raisins
1. Combine the flour, bicarb, xantham gum, dates, melted coconut oil and almond milk in a food processor. Spoon mixture into a large bowl. Leave to rise/thicken for 5 minutes.
2. Add eggs, oats, cinnamon, vanilla and raisins and combine well.
3. Spoon 1tbsp of mixture per scone on to a lined baking tray. Ensure scones are even and consistent in size.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 160′ C (fan) for 18-20 minutes, until cooked yet spongy.
5. Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack. Slice in half and enjoy as a scone with some jam, or eat as a cake.
Categories: Desserts and Snacks