For a while now I’ve wanted to create a unique, healthy and delicious banana bread recipe, but I wanted to get it just right before I shared it with you all! So here it is! My perfected recipe. It tastes amazing and can be enjoyed as a cake or as a loaf of bread! It’s especially delicious sliced, toasted then topped with nut butter or ‘chocolate’
To make this loaf you’ll need:
5 small ripe bananas
100g pitted dates
120g buckwheat flour
120g wholegrain spelt flour
2 medium eggs
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
50g coconut palm sugar
2tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 190’C fan.
2. In a food processor, blend bananas, dates, flour, eggs, baking powder and coconut sugar until combined.
3. Slowly add the coconut oil and combine.
4. Pour mixture into a greased and lined baking tin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30minutes. Drop the temperature to 150’C fan and bake for a further 35-40minutes, or until cooked through. (Check this by putting a metal knife into the loaf, if it comes out clean then it is cooked).
6. Leave to cool on a wire baking rack. Slice then serve!
Categories: Desserts and Snacks