I absolutely love brownies, as you know, and I am really starting to love making raw, vegan brownies so much! They’re so so simple to make and they require little effort and the best thing is, they work every time! This time I’ve created a delicious frosting to top the brownies with to give them a little extra.. And they certainly taste divine! Give it a go!
Here’s what you’ll need (yields 9):
For the brownies-
300g pitted dates
100g desiccated coconut
2 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup melted coconut oil (about 3tbsp solid coconut oil)
1tsp ground cinnamon
For the frosting-
100g pitted dates
1/2 ripe medium banana
100g whole peanut butter
1tbsp maple syrup
2tbsp raw cacao powder
1/4 cup melted coconut oil (about 1tbsp solid coconut oil)
2tbsp almond milk
1. Make the brownies. Combine the dates, pecans, coconut, oats, cinnamon and cacao in a food processor until well mixed.
2. Slowly add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup until the mixture is slightly sticky.
3. Spoon mixture out on to a 6x6inch lined baking tin and press mixture down using a metal spoon until it is firmly squashed into the tin.
4. Set the brownie mix in the freezer for at least one hour.
5. Make the frosting. Combine all ingredients in a good processor until slightly sticky but firm.
6. Spoon frosting on to the brownie mix and smooth with a palette knife. Sprinkle with some coconut, or other topping of your choice.
7. Freeze again for a further 15minutes.
8. Take brownies out of the freezer, slice into 9 pieces and enjoy!
9. Keep refrigerated!