As you are all aware I am obsessed with all things raw, and of course this includes brownies!! I love knowing that I can indulge in a decadent, delicious dessert knowing that it is totally guilt-free and super healthy for you! Yum! These brownies are totally raw and vegan. Perfect.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
300g pitted dates
100g ground almonds
80g desiccated coconut
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp heaped ground cinnamon
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
A few walnuts to decorate
1. Combine all dry ingredients (minus the walnuts) to a food processor and mix until well combined, this will take a few minutes.
2. Pour into the food processor the melted coconut oil and maple syrup until the mixture forms a sticky state.
3. Pop the mixture into a lined baking tin, I use a 6x6inch tin, and press down with a spoon until evenly spread.
4. Top the raw brownie mix with some whole walnuts, as pictured, to decorate.
5. Set the mixture in the freezer for at least one hour. Remove from freezer, slice into 9 squares and enjoy!
6. Keep refrigerated!