I absolutely love bread as it is so versatile and can be toasted, made into a sandwich or nibbled on as a snack. The problem with many shop bought loaves is they are filled with artificial ingredients to extend their shelf life, as well as sugars and salts which mask the wholesome ingredients which should instead be used to make a nutritious loaf. This is why I’ve created this Banana + Walnut loaf which contains Cacao Nibs for a chocolately twist. This bread is full of goodness and healthy, wholesome ingredients so it is exceptionally good for you! The bread contains a lot of nuts which are high in calories so if you are watching your numbers then please enjoy this bread as part of a balanced diet and lifestyle.
To make one medium loaf, you will need:
A bread tin
4 ripe medium bananas
100g chopped walnuts
60g coconut sugar (optional)
200g wholegrain spelt flour
2tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
40g raw cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 170’c (fan).
2. In a food processor, combine the coconut sugar and 4 bananas until smooth and fluffy.
3. Gradually add in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
4. Add in the almond milk to turn the mixture into more of a batter.
5. Scoop the mixture into a large bowl and add in the chopped walnuts. Stir in the raw cacao powder and cacao nibs to so they only just combine with the mixture to make a marble effect in the loaf.
6. Place the loaf in a lined bread loaf tin and pop in the oven for 40 minutes.
7. Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack for at least one hour, slice then serve! Store in an air-tight container.