As lots of you know I am in the process of moving into my new flat in London! As this is a slow process and I still have lots to sort out I have found it easier to prepare food in advance to keep a healthy mindset and make sure I’m not snacking on any nasties! So to curb my snacking cravings I’ve made these utterly scrumptious Coconut Energy Bars. You can eat them as a bar or you can cut them in half again to make mini bite-sized squares. This recipe is totally RAW, VEGAN and REFINED SUGAR-FREE! The recipe below makes 8 bars, don’t eat them all at once!
You will need:
140g pitted dates
20g ground flaxseed
40g mixed nuts
20g coconut shreds
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp rolled oats
2 tbsp unsweetened raisins
1 tbsp Manuka honey
1 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a food processor, combine the dates, flaxseed, mixed nuts, oats, honey, cinnamon and almond milk until well combined.
2. Add the melted coconut oil gradually until the mixture is sticky.
3. Spoon mixture into a large bowl and stir in the coconut and raisins until mixture is well combined.
4. Spoon mixture into a greased & lined baking tin (6×6 inch) and set in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
5. Remove from freezer, slice into 8 equal pieces and store in the fridge.
Categories: Desserts and Snacks