This healthy, yet totally indulgent, banana split is the PERFECT way to satisfy those naught dessert cravings this weekend. This is so uber healthy that you could even eat it for breakfast..! The recipe is quick, simple and easy to make. It’s packed full of protein, plant powder and all round deliciousness. So go on… Indulge!
You will need (single serving):
1 medium banana
5 chopped almonds
A sprinkle of buckwheat groats
1tbsp almond butter
A few coconut flakes
For the sauce:
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp raw cacao powder
1. Wrap the whole banana in tin foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180’C fan for 8-10 minutes
2. Take the banana from the oven , remove from tin foil and slice in half
3. Spread the almond butter onto the warm banana
4. Sprinkle on the banana the buckwheat groats, coconut and chopped almonds
5. Make the chocolate sauce by whisking together (with a fork) the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder until smooth. Drizzle over the banana split.
6. EAT whilst warm! 🙂 enjoy.