It’s looking and feeling a little like autumn outside, so it’s time to indulge in those yummy, comforting autumn flavours! These snack bars are raw, vegan and completely refined sugar free.. Yum. They’re totally healthy and packed full of protein, essential fatty acids, carbs to keep you going throughout the day! They’re super easy to make, involve no cooking and very little equipment.
To make 8 bars, you’ll need:
100g mixed nuts (I used almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts)
40g pitted dates
40g sliced coconut
1 heaped tbsp nut butter
2tbsp melted coconut oil
1tsp date syrup
1tsp mixed spice
1/2tsp cinnamon spice
20g goji berries
20g pumpkin seeds
20g sunflower seeds
1. In a food processor, pulse the nuts, coconut slices and dates until they are finely ground.
2. Add in the nut butter and blend. Pour in the vanilla, date syrup and coconut oil and pulse for a further few seconds until combined well.
3. Add in the spices and cinnamon, goji berries, and seeds and pulse for a few seconds to ensure the seeds are combined, but not totally ground into flour. Be sure not to over blend the mixture.
4. Press (using fingers) the mixture into a lined square baking tin (make it as deep/thin as you wish). Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
5. Remove the bars from the freezer and slice them into 8 rectangles. Half the rectangles to make 16 squares if desired!
6. Keep refrigerated.