Good morning! I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week. I love Sundays! Sundays are for relaxing, baking, exploring and having fun, right?! Well I love nothing more than a comforting breakfast treat on a Sunday, and this week it’s a baked porridge! The perfect breakfast to transition you into the wintery season which is fast approaching us!
Here’s what you’ll need:
40g porridge oats
1 green apple, grated
300ml almond/coconut milk
2tsp ground cinnamon
A handful of sunflower & pumpkin seeds
Some buckwheat groats
A little coconut sugar to dust at the end
1. Combine the apple, porridge oats, cinnamon and milk in a saucepan and boil until it has thickened
2. Pour the porridge into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle it with the seeds and groats
3. Bake the oats in a pre-heated oven at 180’C (fan) for 15 minutes
4. Remove the baked porridge from the oven and sprinkle it with coconut sugar – return the dish to the oven and bake for a further five minutes
5. Remove the dish from the oven and leave to cool for five minutes. Dig in and enjoy!