Hello everyone! The festive season is very nearly amongst us and we are all getting in the Christmas spirit! When winter comes it instantly makes me think of winter spices like ginger and cinnamon.. Mmmm. I used to love eating gingerbread men and ginger biscuits around the festive season, but never realised how bad they were for me! So this festive season I am doing things a little differently…. I’ve created these HEALTHY, vegan ginger biscuits for you all to enjoy! 😊 they should be nice and crisp and satisfy your ginger cravings without any nasties. I hope you like them!
You’ll need (to make 12-15 small biscuits):
125g brown rice flour
1 flax egg (1tbsp flaxseed + 3tbsp water)
1/2 ripe banana, mashed
3tsp brown rice syrup
1tsp date syrup
50ml melted coconut oil
1/3tsp bicarbonate of soda
2tsp ground ginger
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C (fan).
2. In a small bowl, make your flax egg and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, spices, bicarbonate of soda, mashed banana and syrups and stir them together so they begin to combine.
4. Add in the flax egg and stir again. Slowly drizzle in the melted coconut oil and stir the mixture until it creates a cookie dough.
5. Roll the cookie dough into a firm ball using your hands. On a non-stick surface, roll the cookie dough out either using a rolling pin or a round glass.
6. Cut circle shapes out of the cookie dough and place them on a non-stick baking tray.
7. The mixture should make between 12-15 cookies.
8. With a fork, create circles on the biscuits for decoration.
9. Bake the biscuits in the oven for 12-15 minutes until they harden.
10. Remove the biscuits from the oven and leave them until they have completely cooled.
11. Enjoy the biscuits with a mug of tea or by themselves as a healthy snack! Enjoy.