Good morning everyone! I felt inspired this morning to take the plunge and make some hummus, surprisingly it turned out delicious! This recipe is really simple and quick so you can whip it up in no time. I like to add hummus to some bread, dunk some carrot sticks into it, or even splodge it onto a creamy salad. Yum! The more powerful your blender, the smoother this recipe will be. Also, I recommend making this in a food processor if you have one!
This is a simple hummus recipe, so it’s a great base for adding your own flavours and variations. I love adding beetroot powder, spiced curry mix or even roasted red peppers for a more powerful flavour!
You will need:
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend them together until smooth
- Scoop into a tub and eat right away
- Keep refrigerated (lasts approx 4 days)
Categories: Sides and Extras