Well, after a few weeks of cloud and cooler weather, this weekend has been absolutely beautiful (how typically British of me talking about the weather…!) I had the most delicious, and I mean literally drooling over the plate, brunch today at a cute spot in Haggerston called The Barge House – I will be doing a blog soon on my favourite London brunch spots, so stay tuned! After rolling my way out of the brunch spot, I went for a stroll to Columbia Road Flower Market in search of a giant sunflower, but unfortunately I left empty handed.
Anyway, for all you Sunday bakers – and weekday bakers for the like – I have created a brand new recipe using fresh raspberries, rolled oats and coconut. I hope you enjoy it and I cannot wait to see your creations!
- 100g coconut oil (soft/melted)
- 80g runny honey
- 200g rolled oats (I LOVE using jumbo oats with this recipe)
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- sprinkle of flaked almonds
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- pre-heat the oven to 200’c fan
- grease and line a 20 x 20cm baking tin
- mash the raspberries in a bowl with a fork and mash in the coconut
- melt the coconut oil (if not already melted) on a low heat in a saucepan and add in the honey
- add the oats to the saucepan and stir until they are coated
- press half of the oat mixture into the base of the baking tin
- spread the raspberry and coconut mixture on top of the oat layer and ensure it is evenly spread
- top the raspberry layer with the remaining oat mix
- top the mixture with some flaked almonds and a sprinkle of coconut sugar
- bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes (until golden on top)
- leave to cool for at least 30 minutes in the fridge (I also think putting this in the freezer is great) then slice into 9 squares and enjoy!
- keep refrigerated for maximum taste and shelf life
Pssst…. remember to tag me @cleaneatscharlotte and use the hashtag #CECbakes!